Correspondence courses are formatted as a self-paced course. You may sign-up for the PDF version or the book version. Which one you choose is strictly a personal decision. They will both give you the study material you need to take your exams.
PDF vs Book Version
PDF version: You will be able to download the information (book) as soon as you complete the sign-up process and can start studying instantly. The PDF file is quite large and will require a printer and could be over a 100 pages in length.
Book version: You will be mailed your book(s) in the mail and should receive them within 2-3 working days. There is the 2-3 day delay in getting started but is more cost effective. Whichever choice you make depends upon choosing the correct course when signing up.
1) Register On-line
2) Select the course(s) you wish to take under the Correspondence column
3) Proceed with registration
4) Once you have the material, study at your own pace
5) When you are ready, go on-line to take your exams
6) After completion, you will be mailed your course completion certificate via the mail
Benefits of Correspondence
1) You are free to work at your own pace
2) You can study the material anywhere at anytime
3) You are only required to be online for taking the exams
4) Depending on your study habits, can complete the course material in less time than if in a classroom situation
5) Your exam is open book with plenty of time to complete